2007 Winter Revival
Each message was timely and touching. Both Brother Wright and Brother Kidd were a great blessing to us as usual. Brother Wright has been with us in Revival 25 years straight and Brother Kidd has been with us for the last 18 years straight. True revival will last longer than a day, week, month or year. Two years ago I gave these thoughts from Luke 24 in a message which I titled, "What now? Where to from here?" Luke 24 gives the account of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. We see in vs. 1-3 His empty tomb; v14 their engrossment in the events; v15 their encounter; v17 their emptiness; v21 their expectation erased; v27 His exposition of Scriptures; v31 their enlightenment, v32 their elation and FINALLY, V 33-53 HIS EFFECT ON THEIR LIVES. True Revival will result in a Change that Reveals itself in us.
- In verse 32 They were TOUCHED in their heart. True Revival will ignite, kindle a fire in true believers.
- In verse 33 They were TURNED around in their direction. Notice in verse 13, "Two of them wentÖto a village called Emmaus." It was about 6.5 miles from Jerusalem. In v.33 "They rose up the same hour and returned to Jerusalem." People who have lost purpose and direction can get turned around in Revival.
- In verse 33, They were gathered TOGETHER again! They got back in the crowd, the Church! Believe it or not, some people need a stirring Revival often to keep them faithful in Church? Why did these two leave the eleven in Jerusalem? If Christ had not appeared to them, how long would they have stayed and where would they go from there?
- Finally, and sadly, Some people were TALKED out of the Victory of Revival. Look at John 6:63-67 and 1 Peter 5:8-9. I think it safe to say that Satanic deception would be in high gear during a Revival effort, and some people fall for it and miss the will of God for their lives. Where will you go from here? What is NEXT in your life?
I also shared these thoughts on two nights: There are 3 types of Church members who miss revival.
- Those who need it and donít know it.
- Those who know it and donít want it.
- Those who donít care who has it.
The truth is, Those who need it and know it and want it, and want others to have it will always pay the price.
My thanks to all who paid the price. It was a great week . To God be the glory!