Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
(Rewritten and updated)
Since I first wrote this article our nation has continued down the path of destruction at breakneck speed. The issues I have listed below have accelerated in reach and acceptance. Those who take a Biblical stand on these moral issues are not only being silenced by the press, they are remaining silent on these unpopular issues, mainly for fear of being called names and being accused of being hateful and intolerant. If we listen to the left leaning, liberal news media only, we may falsely believe that we are in the company of the few. Our public school system is now well entrenched and ruled in the most part by this left-leaning set of unscriptural, immoral ideologies. Not only has the school system been stripped of our Godly heritage, but it has been infiltrated with a Godless humanistic ideology and a re-written history. Sadly, many families, even Christian families, are too busy or uninterested in what is happening to their children in the classroom to know that their children are being fed a deadly diet of humanism that will turn them in a different direction and do damage that may never be corrected. When our nation is mirrored by those ruling it, and those ruling are not righteous, the result is a nation on the path to destruction. Proverbs 29:2 states, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.” Psalm 11:3 states “If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
We cannot let freedom ring unless we let CHRIST reign!
A nation's Spirituality or lack of it cannot be separated from it's success. It is impossible to separate the issues of abortion, same sex marriage and embryonic stem cell research from the moral fiber of this nation. These issues are not just political topics. They are topics that must be debated in a Scriptural and moral setting. These are only 3 of the areas contributing to our crumbling society. Please read Isaiah 1:1-20. I would like to give you some of the traits of a crumbling society using Israel of old as an example.
- Isa. 1:4 Sin is rampant.
- Isa. 1:5 There are serious precursory calamities from God such as v6 sickness, v7 weakness before enemies.
- Isa. 1:11-15 There are empty religious activities.
- Isa. 2:6 They turn to others for help in the absence of God's help.
- Isa. 3:1 There are economic repercussions.
- Isa. 3:4,12 Children become oppressive and women rule.
- Isa. 3:5 There is civil disobedience and disrespect for the elders.
- Isa. 3:9 The wicked come out of their closets and are not ashamed.
- Isa. 3:16-4:1 Immorality is the order of the day.
- Isa. 3:18-24 Rebellion reveals itself in a drastic change of dress styles and appearance.
Let me show you why we are to blame just as Israel was in their time:
- We have let the world set our standards.
- We have let the flesh soil our sanctity.
- We have let the devil steal our children.
- We have let carnal spoil our testimony.
- We have let the Spiritually dead and dull stifle our praise and worship.
OUR NATION IS CRUMBLING AND OUR ONLY HOPE IS FOUND IN JESUS CHRIST AND HIS WORD. Pray like you have never prayed. Live like you have never lived. Stand like you have never stood. Do all you can while you can, and work like you never worked before; for, "the night cometh when no man can work."
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing …” Edmund Burke