Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
You should read Colossians 2.1-8 and notice these words: "beguile you", spoil you". Beguile means to delude, deceive and Spoil means lead away as booty, seduce. Here read 1 Peter 5:6-11 and notice especially v. 8 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour." Christians can be mined, spoiled, deceived, deluded and seduced spiritually!
I want to name some things that will result in a ruined life for a Christian... not necessarily in order of importance:
- A neglected Altar. This is probably one of the greatest causes of a ruined Christian! 'Pray without ceasing," "Pray that ye enter not into temptation", "Men ought alway to pray and not to faint," "Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God," "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverence and supplication for all saints", and finally "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." A neglected altar leads to a Christian's ruin!
- A negative Attitude. Heb. 12:15 "Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled." A negative, critical, bitter spirit will ruin a Christian on the inside. While we must take a stand for the truth, we must not be consumed with negative thoughts!
- Naughty Associations. I Peter 4 1-5 Read and notice, "Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you." Friend, you can not run with the wrong crowd and be right. I Cor. 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners."
- Narrow Aims. Romans 13:11-14. It is high time to awake out of sleep. Awake to righteousness. I Tim. 6:6 Godliness with contentment is great gain and yet contentment alone in the Christian's life will lead to ruin We can not be content until Jesus comes and the work is done. We are to "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure" Laziness in the Christian life will lead to ruins!
- Needed Attention. James 4:5-17. One of the final steps in the ruin of a Christian is a refusal to hear or heed the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit! Acts 7:51, "Ye stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears; ye do always resist the Holy Ghost; As your fathers did, so do ye." Romans 12:21 "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Does your Christian life need attention in any of these areas?
Restore the altar, Rekindle the attitude of Praise, Remove yourself from ungodly friends, Refocus your attention on Christ and His will, and Remedy your failures by confessing and forsaking sin and Rededicate you life to Christ! DO IT NOW!
Tomorrow is the first Sunday of the New Year. If you are saved but not living for the LORD, why not rededicate your life and get started the first Sunday of the New Year? You will be glad you did. Why not stop where you are and make a fresh commitment to make first things first?