Please read Luke 1:5-25 and notice verse 17 “to make ready a people prepared for the LORD.”
There are two ways of looking at this preparation: We have prepared ourselves for the Lord and The Lord through His grace and power hath prepared us for Himself.
Read Romans 9:20-24 and 2 Chron. 30:15-20 paying particular attention to verses 18-19. There were people there who had not been cleansed in preparation for the Passover…”but Hezekiah prayed for them, saying the good LORD pardon every one that prepareth his heart to seek God…and the LORD hearkened to Hezekiah, and healed the people.”
Now the Bible tells us there are lots of things we should prepare for…, service, worship, meeting God, death, judgment of sin, and others.
One of the greatest preparations is the preparation to live a Godly Christ-honoring life.
I want to give several simple thoughts on being prepared for the LORD.
1. Being serious about life and living is a major part of being prepared for the LORD. Eph. 5:1-16; 1 Peter 5:8
2. Being sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Eph. 5:17-18; Eph. 4:30; 1 Th.5:19
3. Being selective in social involvement. Eph. 5:11 “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” 2 Cor. 6:14; 2 Tim. 3:5 “from such turn away.”
4. Being sensitive to the needs of others. 1 John 3:16-21; 1 Cor. 9:19-27
5. Being Scripturally prepared to meet every challenge, physical, mental, emotional, social, ethical, financial, and moral.
6. Being strong enough Spiritually to resist temptation. Eph. 6:10-18, 1 Cor. 10:13, 1 Peter 5:8-10
7. Being smart enough to sense a satanic trap. 2 Cor. 2:6-11 “Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.”
Are you prepared for what is ahead? How can you know?
You must know without a doubt that you are Born Again.
You must be committed to live the Christian life.
You must be confident that God will help you in your preparation.
May God help you and I to “Be Prepared.”