I chose the subject for the week on Wednesday. I received a newsletter from one of our Missionaries on Friday that told of a man who had called another Missionary asking for financial support. The Missionary friend of our Missionary asked, “Did you recommend this man to call me?” Of course, Bro. Bob Johnston had never heard of the man and felt that he needed to send out a letter informing others as well.
The Bible states in , Prov. 22:1 “A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.” Also in Eccl. 7:1 “A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.”
Two times in the Scriptures we see a reference to the “land of uprightness.” Psalm 143:10, Isa. 26:10
There are two different Hebrew words used that are close in meaning. The first one means, level, a plain, straightness, and is also translated “equity, even place, right” (eously). The second one is close and means “straightforwardness, integrity, a truth.”
You are living in the land of uprightness when you are living upright!
Read 2 Sam. 22 which is King David’s song of deliverance and notice especially vs. 23-28
Read Job 1:1 and 2:3 where we see Job is “an upright man.”
Psalm 18:25-26 shows God has a different response to people based on their attitudes or actions.
I want to give a long list of verses to consider on the subject:
Psalm 32:11, 64:10, 94:15, 97:10-12, 112:2-4, 140:13; Prov. 2:21-22, 10:29, 11:3,6,11,20; 13:6, 15:8, 16:17 and 28:9-10
When the People of God count Him worthy of the best of our lives and give Him the best of our lives, WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF UPRIGHTNESS!
Living in the land of uprightness is easier than living in “the far country.”
Now, I want to share the blessings that come from “living in the land of uprightness.”
1. There is COMMUNION WITH GOD. It is easier to stay close to God when our desire to is live uprightly.
2. There is GOOD CHEER WITH GOD when we live uprightly. Life becomes peaceful when we know our hearts are in tune with God, His will and His word.
3. There are GOOD CONVICTIONS FROM GOD when we live uprightly. It is easier to stand up for right because it is a holy environment…and we are not under the worldly influences when we want to live uprightly.
4. There are GOOD COMPANIONS AROUND US when we live uprightly. We have good company and are encouraged by those of like precious faith when we live uprightly.
5. There is GOOD COMMUNICATION WITH GOD in the land of uprightness…God promises to hear the prayers of those who live uprightly! Prov. 28:9
6. There is GOOD CLEANNESS WITH GOD when we live uprightly. It is great to know that God is pleased with us when we walk uprightly and live for His honor and His glory!
7. There is GOOD CALMNESS WITH GOD in the land of uprightness and God promised to keep us safe there!
The safest, sweetest, and most satisfying place to live on earth is in THE LAND OF UPRIGHTNESS! ARE