Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
In the Book of Esther, we find a very moving story of the providence of God and the importance of finding our purpose in the will of God.
In Chapter 4:14 we see, “For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Her uncle’s words show that he trusted God to deliver, regardless, but that she should consider that God had raised her up, “for such a time as this.” It is like saying, “Esther, if you don’t, somebody will.”
We live in a time that has so much going on; so many things to do; so many things to face ; and so many things that threaten to steal the precious things out of our lives. If we are not careful, we will find ourselves unable to turn the clock back and remedy the wrongs.
I would like to give a short list of things we must do, or someone else will do, good or bad.
1. If you do not show your family love, someone else will. Tit. 2:4
I hate to say this but I have known many young people who were pushed right into the hands of the wrong people because of a desire to be loved.
2. If you do not give your family guidance, someone else will, good or bad. Gen. 18:19
3. If you do not give your family correction, someone else will. The police, the judge, the teacher, will be forced to follow the letter of the law. It will be beneficial to our Children to teach them to live in obedience in preparation for the time when they will be held accountable to outsider forces. Prov. 29:17
4. If you do not give your family an example to follow, someone will give them an example, good or bad. Tit. 2:6-8
5. If you do not talk with your family, someone else will. Deut. 6:7, 11:19 This is one of the most common causes of your young people going to outside sources…Children need to know that parents are willing to listen and help.
6. If you do not have fun with your family, someone else will, good or bad.
Prov. 29:15 states, “A child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.” I am pointing especially to “left to himself.” We must take time to be with our family and build memories, even having fun together.
7. If you do not encourage your family, someone else will, good or bad.
1 Thess. 2:11
8. If you do not show compassion and concern to your family, someone else will, and that is dangerous because many times they receive the wrong advice and go the wrong direction. Psalm 103:13
I would like to encourage fathers and mothers to consider how short our opportunity and how we can make a difference in the lives of our children…for such a time as this.
Happy Father’s Day!