Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
Please read Eph. 4:20-5:2
Notice v. 27 “Neither give place to the devil” and 5:1, “Be ye therefore followers of God as dear children.”
Also read Eph. 6:10-18 and notice “withstand”, “and having done all, stand”, “stand therefore.”
Then in James 4:6-10 read and note “God resisteth the proud” but He “giveth grace unto the humble.” The proud cannot resist the devil, but notice “God giveth grace unto the humble.”
We are told to “resist the devil and he will flee…”
This is where we decide to not “give place to the devil.”
“Place” means “a spot” “location” “a position” and figuratively means to not give an opportunity, or a license or room as in a position to work.
Col. 4:12 We are told to “Stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”
1 Cor. 15:58 We are to be “steadfast, unmovable.”
1 Cor. 16:13 We are told to “Watch ye, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught.”
In Gal. 6:9 We are told “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Psalm 46:10 We are told to “Be still, and know that I am God:”
HOW DO YOU CHANGE YOUR SITUATION WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR LOCATION?
1. Start where you are. Change your attitude about your place, your situation; change the things that are under your control and leave the rest to God. James 1:2-12; 1 Peter 4:12-14
You may not be able to change the situation, but you can change your attitude in it…which is the first and best victory regardless.
2. See the potential where you are. If you cannot see potential where you are, you probably will not see it where you are going.
Isn’t it funny how we lose sight of the potential when we focus on the problem? Sometimes that is what causes the problem in the first place.
Jesus rebuked the disciples for that in John 4:35 when He said “Lift up your eyes.” Obviously they were focused on the wrong things.
3. Stay where you are in problems. Do not run from your problems! Resist the devil…and do not allow him to move you from the place of God’s choosing and the place of God’s blessing.
Sometime we must move on but only after prayer and with God’s leading in our lives, but never because we are losing the battle with the devil! James 4:7
4. Stand upon Godly, Biblical principles where you are.
If you will not stand where you are, you will not stand where you are going! Location does not change Biblical truth. Biblical convictions never change and are not territorial. Whatever is right in Niceville is right in Egypt and visa versa.
5. Serve where you are. Find something meaningful to do where you are because if you cannot find something to do for the Lord where you are, it is doubtful you will find anything elsewhere.
The best and the least we can do is “present our bodies a living sacrifice” (Rom 12:1) and the opportunities will present themselves to us.
6. Sing where you are. Acts 16:25 “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.”
Make the best of your situation and remember, satan hates for God’s people to sing praise unto Him.
Make the best of your situation and God will make the best of you.
At lady told the pastor, “Pastor, I don’t love my husband, in fact, I hate him. I want to divorce him but before I do, I want to hurt him bad.” Pastor responded: “Here is how to hurt him really bad. Go home and treat him great, like a king. Act like you love him and do things for him and totally convince him that you really do love him…and then divorce him.”
Two months later the pastor calls and asked, “Are you about ready to divorce him?” “Divorce him? Why no I am not, in fact, I discovered that I really do love him.”
“Resist the devil and he will flee from you”
Learn that for the Christian, we always have the Lord on our side.
Rom. 8:31 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”
If you are not a Christian, you have already given satan place in your life and the only freedom you can have is the freedom we have offered to us by Christ. John 8:36 “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”