Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
1 Timothy 3:16 is a great “proof text” that tells us about Jesus Christ…His manifestation for our justification by revelation through proclamation to salvation.
Jesus was revealed, justified, seen, preached, believed and received up to glory.
Most Bible perversions change the word “God” to “he”, making it impossible to prove from the text that Jesus is very God. My dear friends. The Bible says “God was manifest…”
The subject of the verse is “the mystery of Godliness.” This was something entirely new! God had manifested Himself before…but not in flesh.
Notice with me the things given in this verse concern the incarnation of Christ.
1. “Without controversy.” God was manifest in flesh. Acts 1:3 That means undeniable, indisputable. 1 Cor. 15:1-8
Many of the world’s false religions believe in a “historical Jesus” but deny His deity. John 1:1, 14; Rom. 16:24-27
God’s mystery of Godliness is the great plan of salvation through Jesus Christ and His death on the cross for the sin of the world.
Look at these words in Heb. 10:5 “A body hast thou prepared Me.”
Without controversy, “God was manifest in the flesh.”
2. “Without controversy”, God was justified in the Spirit. Justified means: vindicated, shown to be. Rom. 1:1-4. His words proved He is God. His works prove He is God, and God’s Word proves Him to be God the Son.
The Spirit descended “Like a dove and lighting upon Him” Matt. 3:16 “And lo a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” V. 17
3. “Without controversy” Jesus was seen of angels. Why is this important? We are seen of angels as well. He was seen of angels in Heaven before He came to earth! Luke 2:8-15 Notice vss. 13, 15
Before His crucifixion, He could have called 12 legions of angels and even satan knew the angels ministered to Jesus in the mount of temptation. Matt. 4:6,11
4. “Without controversy” Jesus was preached unto the gentiles. That was part of the mystery as well. The gentile Bride of Christ and the Church was unknown to the Old Testament Saints. Col. 1:24-27
5. “Without controversy” Jesus is believed on in the world! Count me in as well as the 15 or more people who have been saved in our Church in recent weeks. The world has no explanation of how the worst of us could be changed without drugs or psychiatrist. It can only be explained through the Amazing grace of God in saving and changing sinners into Saints.
6. “Without controversy” Jesus was received up into glory! He made a full circle…He came from Heaven and died on the Cross. He was buried in a borrowed tomb and in three days arose again. He ascended back to Heaven and without controversy…one day soon, He is coming again.
7. “Without controversy” If you are not Born Again, you will be left behind for the awful Tribulation and then eternally lost. 1John 5:13 “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
If you are saved, rejoice, “Your redemption draweth nigh.” If you are not saved, John 3:36 gives your fate. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”