Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Please read Luke 1:46-56; James 1:9-10; 2:1-13; and 1 Cor. 12:12-27
There is a common thread of truth running through these texts.
There are some places where we are all equal, and some we are unequal.
1. We are all equally sinners. 2. We are all equally saved by the same grace. 3. We are all equally sealed by the same Holy Spirit. 4. We are all equally loved by the same Lord of all.
Read Romans 10:12-13, and notice “No difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.”
Also Romans 3:22 states, “Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:”
Read 1 Cor. 1:17-31 and notice especially vss. 29, 31
1. First of all, Let the rich in this world’s things give God glory, for God gave it and God can take it away. 1 Tim. 6:6-10
Look also at Luke 12:16-21 and notice the question in v.20 “then whose shall those things be, which thou has provided?” Prov. 23:5 “Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.”
2. Let the poor glory in God without it (riches) for God can give them riches when they are needed.
Luke 1:53 “He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He hath sent empty away.” God hears the cry of the poor, and He pleads for the cause of the poor. Let the poor glory in the Lord that can give what is needed.
3. Let the strong glory in the strength that God gives, for God can take it away any time. Psalm 18:1; 19:14; 27:1; 68:35; 144:1
Those who glory in their own strength must grieve in their weakness…but those who glory in God’s strength, rejoice in their success. Additionally, let the weak glory in the strength of God, for God is able to make us stand, not in our own strength, but in the added grace of God.
2 Cor. 12:9 “And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
4. Let the lovely in appearance give glory to the Lord, for God can change it. Prov 31:30 “Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.” 1 Pet. 3:4 “But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.”
5. Let the wise give God glory in it, for God is able to confound it.
Job 5:13 “He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.” 1Cor. 3:19 “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.”
Now, to put it in perspective, look at Jer. 9:23-24 “Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.”
We cannot glory in riches, strength, beauty, or wisdom…But we are to glory in this “But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me.”
Friends, all else in life is temporary. Riches, strength, honor, beauty, wisdom and all other attributes and achievements of man are temporal…and ultimately, ALL THE GLORY GOES TO GOD!