Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
We are entering into the "season of desires."...what I believe to be the most consuming, demanding, and flesh driven time of the year. Please do not get me wrong: I enjoy giving gifts to my family, but along with the gifts, I want to make sure I have the emphasis on the ultimate Gift Giver, and the unspeakable Gift He gave to man, "His only begotten Son!"
The big question is this, "What do you want in life?...not just in the "Season of Desires", but After all of the decorations are gone, and all the celebration is gone, and life is back to normal...
What is it that is the desire of your heart?
Psm. 37:4, states "Delight thyself also in the LORD and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." When Christ is our desire in life, our desires in life will be given by Christ.
1. If you are not saved, your first desire should be to know Christ and the forgiveness of sin! And by the way, if you want to know, God will give you that desire. If you have have a desire to be saved, you can rest assured, God put that desire in you. God does the seeking and the saving, we do the surrendering.
The first will of God for any person is for his salvation!
2Pet. 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”
2. Do we desire a closer walk with the Lord in our life? It is a biblical fact that we cannot walk with the world and walk with the Lord at the same time! I will touch the subject of the world a few points down. my point here is this: Do you really desire a closer walk with the Lord in your everyday life? Do you have real fellowship with God every day, not just on the Lord's Day? Do you spend time with God in prayer, and in His Word daily? If you do not, you do not have a strong desire to walk with God daily, and that is not just my opinion; that is a biblical position born out by the truth of the Holy Word of God. Gal. 5:16 “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”
3. Do we desire to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ? 2 Pet. 3:18 “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.” Have your desires to grow in the things of Christ died down? Have you become cold and indifferent to the teaching Spirit?
4. Do we desire to win more souls for Christ? Do you realize that was the sole purpose of Christ coming into this sin-cursed world? 1 Timothy 1:15 "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." I don't believe any Christian that is right with God can escape a burden for the souls of men.
5. Do we desire to be a better witness and testimony for Christ? I meet a lot of people that say they don't care what people think about what they do, what they say, where they go, or how they live. How can a person be right with God with that attitude?
1 Cor. 10:31-33 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved."
6. Do we desire to win over the world, the flesh, and the devil in our lives daily? One of the most Heart rending things I deal with in my life as a pastor is to see people I love falling for the tricks and traps of Satan in their lives, As he uses the world, and the flesh nature of man to trap, even God's people. Do you have a strong desire to live a victorious life? If not, no doubt, you will follow the path of the world and your flesh. This was the outcome of the prodigal son's journey into the "Far country." I've seen many a young person go into the far country, and, as it happened with the prodigal, it happened with them.
Please listen to me, your flesh and the world will lure you into the far country, if you do not have a strong desire to resist the world, the flesh and the devil.
7. Do we have a strong desire to see The Lord In His glorious return for His own? Tit. 2:13 “Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”
Listen, when Christians become cold, indifferent, unfaithful , worldly and comfortable with status quo, the fact of the matter is, they do not look for the Lord Jesus Christ to return, and they do not long for the Lord Jesus Christ to return. If you're not living for the Lord, you're not looking for the Lord to return and you're not longing for the Lord to return. Quit letting the devil deceive you in these last days.
What are the real desires of your heart this today? Matt.6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”