Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
( Preached 11-4-12. You can listen to the message here as well. )
We are living in a day when many Christians are blushing for the wrong reasons. We should not be ashamed to be named with Christ! Many Christians in America have lost their conscience, and with it, conviction, and with that, courage to be named with Christ.
Personally, I think God’s people are blushing for the wrong reasons! We should not be ashamed to be named with Christ! Christian America has lost it’s conscience and with it, conviction, and with that, courage.
Jer 6:15, (Jer 8:12 a close repeat) “Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.” In Ezra 9:6 , Ezra said, “O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.” Jeremiah said in Jer. 3:25 “We lie down in our shame, and our confusion covereth us: for we have sinned against the LORD our God, we and our fathers, from our youth even unto this day, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD our God.”
1. We should be ashamed for not walking in the Spirit daily.
Jer. 2:32 “Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet my people have forgotten me days without number.”
Ps. 119:80 “Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.” 1Cor. 6:5 “I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?”
2. We should be ashamed for not being willing to be weaned off the world. It is not normal Biblically speaking for a professing Christian to continue in fellowship with the world. Rom. 6:21 “What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.” 2 Th. 3:14 “And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.” Eph. 5:12 “For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.”
3. We should be ashamed for not witnessing and winning more people to Christ. Rom. 1:16 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” 1Cor. 15:34 “Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.”
4. We should be ashamed for not being willing to suffer for Christ. 1Pet. 4:16 “Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.”
5. We should be ashamed to not watching with eager anticipation for the Lord to return. 1Jo. 2:28 “And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.” 1Jo. 3:3 “And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.” Rev. 16:15 “Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.”
6. We should be ashamed for not letting the World that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour. Mk. 8:38 “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.” I was witnessing to a young man Thursday and up walks his friend. Eventually I asked the friend if he was saved. “Sure” then I turned to the lost one and said, “Did you know he was a Christian?” Wow, Suddenly, the “Saved” had to leave.
Ps. 119:6 “Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.” Rom. 9:33 “As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.”
Rom. 10:11 “For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.”
7. We should always be watchful not to bring shame on the name of Christ! Phil. 1:20 “According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.”