Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
With all that has been happening lately with the hurricane and now the flooding, I thought it might be a good time to write on the subject of Adversity. There are lessons to be learned in times of adversity.
- Lesson #1: God proves Himself real in our adversity. Psalm 31:7 states, "I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities."
- Lesson #2: Our friends prove themselves in our adversity. Proverbs 17:17 states, "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
- Lesson #3: Our faith is proven in the day of adversity. Proverbs 24:10 states, "If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small."
- Lesson #4: Our priorities prove themselves in the day of adversity. Eccl. 7:14 states, "In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after Him."
- Lesson #5: God proves our genuineness in other's adversity. Hebrews 13:3 tells us to "Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body."
Please read Romans 5:1-11 and take particular note of verse 3-5: "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope; And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."
Are we learning our lessons in the University of Adversity?
- In lesson #1, have you learned that God knows and cares about you?
- Lesson #2, have you learned that there are people who care about you?
- Lesson #3, have you learned that your faith holds strong in adversity?
- Lesson #4, have you learned that the adversity is temporal and the things of value which you cannot lose are eternal?
- Lesson #5, have you learned the value of your life in caring for others?
If so, then tribulation has worked patience and patience, experience, and experience, hope, and hope maketh not ashamed. You have graduated in the University of Adversity! See Romans 8:28-39. May God bless you who have suffered in the University of Adversity!