Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Please read 1 Cor. 10:1-15 and notice vs. 12, “wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”
There are people who think they stand safe and secure, even while they know they are not standing on firm Biblical ground. Prov. 11:5-6 tells us “The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: But transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.” If we rebel against God, we are not standing safe from falling. Read Prov. 5:21-23; 6:5; and 7:18-27. Chapter 4:19 states, “The way of the wicked is as darkness; they know not at what they stumble.”
I would like to show 6 mistakes that will take a person down and out:
1. Going to far. Korah went too far! Uzziah went too far! The prodigal son went too far! Every day we read in the paper or hear on the news about people who went too far…in their thinking, in their living, in their lusting, in their lying, in their sinning, and they fell.
2. Staying too long. Romans 6:2 “How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein?” Paul told Timothy to “flee also youthful lusts.” Many young people have stayed too long, and should have fled at the first sign of rebellion against the Word of God. Frankly and sadly, many died having made the fatal mistake of staying around the rebels, and again, our news is filled every day with the stories of people who just stayed too long and paid the ultimate price.
3.Thinking too little. Achan did not think his situation through; David did not think his situation through. Those who will not learn from the mistakes of others are destined to make the mistake themselves. We see in Phil. 2:5“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.”
4. Taking too much liberty. While it is true that Christians live in the Grace of God, Romans 6:1-2 “Shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer thereie?“ When Christians take the liberty to forsake the assembling, to loose the tongue and temper; to live loose, liberal lives, without restraint, the end result is to be condemned with the world. Friend if you are saved, your are not free in God’s Grace to sin as you please.
5. Acting too soon or too late. Joseph is an example of acting immediately to a situation…remember he lost his coat but kept his testimony! Eph. 4:27 “Neither give place to the devil.”
6. Last of all, Assuming it will never happen to you. Look back to
1 Cor. 10:12-13 which tells us to take heed lest we fall. The rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31 is a good example of this truth. Father Abraham said, “Son Remember…” In Luke 12:16-21, The rich fool had planned for many years, vs.19, but was told by God, “This night thy soul shall be required of thee.”
A simple formula for a successful Christian life is, Get up, Get out, Go on, Give up, Live up, Speak up, Show up, Grow up, Shut up, and Look up until we Go up!