Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Our text is Psalm 108:1-13 (please read) Psalm 57:7 states, "My heart is fixed, O God, My heart is fixed."
Look at Psalm 112:1-10 ( read) Notice " fixed" , meaning, to be erect, stand, perpendicular, establish, be stable.
Look over at Eph. 6:10-17 and watch these words:
Verse 11, "That ye may be able to stand."
Verse 13,"that ye may be able to stand"' "and having done all to stand."
verse 14 "stand therefore."
Look at 2 Peter 3:17-18 and notice verse 17, "beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness."
The longer I am in the ministry, especially the pastorate, the more I feel the burden to “preach the Word , be instant in season, out of season, reprove, rebuke, and exhort..." 2 Tim. 4:2
Rev. 12:12 tells us the enemy has come down having great wrath, because he knows he has but a short time. Hopefully you will not be a victim, and if your heart is fixed you will not be. Satan has come to steal, and to kill, and to destroy according to John 10:10
The Psalmist said in Psalm 16:8 "I have set The Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved,"
I want to deal with the subject of a fixed heart. What will a person experience when his or she heart is fixed?
1. First of all, that person doesn't face life alone. A fixed heart is focused on the Lord. Look at 1 John 4:15-19. If you know the Lord, you can face life in this confidence, that Christ is with you and will not forsake you until your life is finished. He will go with you all the way, even to death's door, and then He will lead you through to the other side.
2. Secondly, when our heart is fixed, we do not have a fear of the unknown.
Having a heart fixed is not dependent upon circumstances, in fact, circumstances allow us to prove our heart is fixed. Psalm 112:8
3. Third that person will not feed on the unholy We can't have a fixed heart with fed flesh. Psalm 112:1 speaks of delighting greatly in God's commandments. See John 4:34
4. Fourth, If your heart is fixed, you will be found faithful. An unfaithful Christian will not stand in the storms of life. Psalm 112:2 "The generation of the upright shall be blessed.". If you are saved, you will get an opportunity to prove your love for Christ.
5. If your heart is fixed, you will not forget where you came from. Though David overcame his failure, but he never forgot it.
Peter overcame his failure, but he never forgot it.
Paul overcame his failure, but he never forgot it.
If you forget where you came from Do not be surprised when you return there again.
6. If your heart is fixed you will not follow the ways of the world and will not follow the path of losers. Eph. 5:1 , Psalm 112:5
Let me sum it all up and describe people with a fixed heart that will finish their course with joy:
1. They know where they're going and that God goes with them.
2. They trust their life to God from here to there.
3. They have a holy diet and shun the ungodly, knowing that is Satan's plan of the deceit and defeat.
4. They are faithful to God's will at all times.
5. You do not forget where God brought them from.
6. They follow the paths of righteousness and flee the path of the unrighteous.
This person will arrive safely at their heavenly home.
Is your heart fixed? Are you really saved and settled in the will of God? This is truly the only way to have your heart fixed.