Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Please read Eccl. 10:8-11 and Job 1:5-10. Verse 10 tells us that God “Made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side.” Eccl. 10:8 states “whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.”
The hedge God built around Job and all his house and all he had was for his protection. God has built hedges around believers as well. There is an invisible, Spiritual wall of protection around believers. Remember these three thoughts: 1. God built the hedge 2. Man breaks the hedge, and 3. Satan enters through the broken hedge and bites.
Job 1:1,8 and 2:3 gives the construction materials of the hedge. We should all be concerned about the devil having access to our lives and the lives of the ones we love.
I give here some of the more obvious places the hedges are broken in the lives of God’s people:
- The hedge of God’s commands. Gen. 3:1. The Word of God cannot be violated without harm to the believer. When we violate the commands of God’s Word we give Satan access to our lives. Adam and Eve broke the hedge. King David broke the hedge. Annias and Sapphira broke the hedge. When we knowingly and willingly violate God’s commands, we “give place to the devil.” Eph. 4:27 Jesus said in Matt. 4:4, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceeded out of the mouth of God.”
- The hedge of God’s Church. Heb. 10:25 How important is the Church in the lives of Christians, not only attendance, but support and involvement? The Church unified is the hedge Satan hates because he cannot freely operate. If you are not faithful to a Bible-believing Church, your hedge of protection is broken and Satan has access to your life.
- The hedge of the Christian Home. Eph. 5:21-25. Husbands and wives break the wall of God’s protection by not living in biblical truth. Wives are to submit and honor, and reverence their husbands and Husbands are to love, nourish, cherish and lead their wives. Read 1 Peter 3:1-8 When these are broken, Satan has entrance, a way to work.
- The hedge of Christian convictions. This is where Satan has the greatest access to God’s people. See 2 Cor. 6:14-18 where anything condemned by God is an unclean thing which we are not to touch. This is biblical separation. Anything spiritually unclean is forbidden to believers, such as immodesty, immorality, drunkenness, drugs etc. Godly convictions held by believers in obedience to Christ keeps Satan outside. Do you realize God gives Godly convictions to His people to keep us from the tricks of the devil?
- Finally, If you are not converted; If you are not saved; Born Again, you do not have the hedge of God’s protection on your life. You are open to Satan’s deceiving 2 Cor. 4:1-6. You are open to his devices and his dominion Col. 1:13 THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED AND BE SAFE IS TO COME TO CHRIST IN REPENTANCE AND FAITH. At the point of Salvation we have this promise from God!!!!!!!!! 1 John 4:4
“YE ARE OF GOD, LITTLE CHILDREN, AND HAVE OVERCOME THEM: BECAUSE GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU, THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD.”
Do you have God’s hedge of protection on your life? I will not take the time to give the accounts of people I have know that have broken down the hedge of protection in their lives. I have watched as their lives, their families, their testimonies and their successes all crumbled, and, it could have been avoided. May you live for Christ and may God’s hand of protection be on your life.