(Preached recently at Faith)
I am amazed at the lack of involvement in the partnership of believers in God’s Business (John ). You may be thinking: “Me a partner with God in Business?” Yes, the truth is all true believers are called into this “Partnership” with God when we get saved. Look at Luke 16:1-13 and 1 Cor. 3:1-23 and especially 1 Cor. 3 where we see in verses 6-7 two times our part, and two times God’s part, “God gave the increase” and “But God that giveth the increase.” Then verse 9 states, “For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.” Then verses 12-17 speaks of our part in the partnership.
Jesus said He would build His Church, Matt. 16:18, and that means to construct, to rear up, and is the same as in 1 Cor. 3:12,14 etc. Eph. 2:21; 1 Cor. 3:9 and 2 Cor. 5:1 are kindred words and mean: Architecture, structure, building.
God is the architect, the engineer, the material agent, the overseer and the inspector and the One who gets the credit for the building (Church).
Look at 1 Cor. 3:9 again and notice, “For we are labourers together with God…” God givers us the seed to plant and the water to pour, but He gives the increase. Again, we have a part and His does His part. The Church Jesus spoke of is not made of wood, stone, glass or metal. God builds people and People build the buildings of wood, stone, glass and metal.
One of the greatest failures of our time is to use men to build buildings instead of using buildings to build men.
I ask a tough question at this time if you are a true Christian: “What are you doing in this “Partnership with God in His business?” Look at Mark 16:19-20 and notice Jesus said in the “Great Commission” which by the way has become “the great omission” in many Christians, “And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them…” In order for the Lord to work with them, they had to go forth for Him. I quote Jesus in Luke 16:2, “give account of thy stewardship.” Are you doing your part in the partnership? Here are some thoughts concerning our Partnership:
- Are you presenting yourself to the Lord, to live in close fellowship with Him? Partners have a vested interest in the success of the partnership.
- Are you praying for the success of the partnership in the Gospel? 2 Thess. 3:1
- Are you witnessing and passing out Gospel tracts that contain Gospel truth?
- Are you participating in the Local Church Ministry in a concerted effort to reach the lost? (Look back at 1 Cor. 3:6-12 and notice one planted another watered…working together.
- Is the Lord Pleased with your part in the partnership?