Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Please read in your Bible Psalm 19:7-11 and notice in v9 the words, “The fear of the LORD is clean.” It is one thing to read the verses and another to obey them. Please look at Isa. 32:17 and notice the words, “the work of” and “the effect of.” One of the worst indictments of Scripture is to have “no fear of God.” The fear of God is described as “Reverential trust with a hatred of evil.” That means that if we really fear God, we will hate evil. The reason “The fear of the LORD is clean” is because it’s effect is to cleanse us from Spiritual impurities. Look at these verses as well: 2 Chron. 19:7; Psalm 36:1; 55:19; Rom. 3:18; Eccl. 12:13 and Prov. 2:1-5
I cannot tell you how many times in the Bible the fear of God is connected to “Keeping His commandments.” What I have noticed in the Word of God and in all these years of pasturing is that those who do not have a fear of God usually have an unrestrained life. Jer. 2:19; 2 Cor. 7:1 and Heb. 12:28
The fruit of the fear of God works on both lost and saved. If you are lost, you will never be saved until you have a deep conviction of sin coupled with the fear of God that moves you to repentance and faith!
If you are saved but not living in the will of God, The fear of God should move you to repentance and restoration.
Now to my points concerning “The Fruit of The Fear of God.”
- First, the fear of God will move men to repentance, accepting Jesus as Saviour and Lord.
- The fear of God will move people to respect authority! These authorities include the authority of God; the authority of the Scriptures; the authority of parents; the authority of the Holy Spirit; the authority of the law of the land. Read Psalm 89:5-14 see v7
- The fear of God will move people to restrain their actions. Look at Jer. 44:1-11 and notice verse 10 which states, “neither have they feared.” See Mal. 2:1-9 and notice why people do what they do when they know it is not what God wants them to do. They are “not afraid before My name.”
- The fear of God will move people to repress bad attitudes. Please read 2cor. 7:9-16 and notice v.ll, “What fear.” It means, what kind of fear. It was a good fear that had a good result.
- The fear of God will move people to refine their affections. 1 Jn.2:15-17. Mal. 3:16
- The fear of God will move people to remove themselves from some acquaintances. Numbers 16:1-3, 15-35
- The fear of God will move people to resist the adversary. 1 Pet. 5:8-9
AND NOW WE KNOW WHY “THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS CLEAN!”