Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
My thoughts are concerning the Spiritual things worth having and worth paying for in order to live a Spiritual Christian life. In 1 Chron. 21:23-24, Ornan told King David to take his threshing floor at no cost and build his altar. David said, “Nay; but I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt-offerings without cost.”
In Genesis 14:17-24, the King of Sodom tried to give Abram the goods, but Abram said, “I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most High God, the possessor of heaven and earth, that I will not take from a thread even to a shoe latchet, and I will not take anything that is thine…” In 2 Cor. 12:14-15 Paul told the Corinthians “for I seek not your’s but you…” “And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you.”
The price of our Salvation has been paid in full in the Blood of Jesus Christ, but the price of our life for Christ is only due from us. WE ARE DEBTORS. This alone should make us willing to pay the price of living a faithful, God-honoring life for God’s glory. 1Thess. 2:8
What price are you willing to pay to live a Total Christian life? Some people are only willing to go so far or pay so much or yield so much, only as long as it does not hurt or cost.
Here I share a few things that will cost us, if we are going to live lives that please the LORD.
- Even though Salvation is free and paid for in the Blood of Jesus Christ, our service to and for Him will cost us. It will cost our dedication. It will cost our involvement in the things of God. It will cost time and treasure.
- Our Spiritual Condition will cost us. If there is anything Satan does not want a Christian to be, it is a Spirit-filled believer. It will cost us to be Spirit-filled. We have to refuse temptation; we have to fight the flesh; we have to go against family and friends and make unpopular choices. Gal. 5:16-17; Eph.6:11-13
- Our shout will cost us. Luke 19:37-40 ; Matt. 21:12-16 Read these text and notice they wanted them to be quiet.
- Our sacrifice will cost us. John 12:6 ; Matt. 26:7-13
- Our stand will cost us. Family and friends are not always willing to accept our stand. There are 6 references to “stand fast” in the New Testament: It means “to be so firmly fixed that moving is impossible.” See 1 Cor. 16:13; Gal. 5:1; Phil. 1:27, 4:1; 1 Thess. 3:8 and 2 Thess. 2:15. Eph. 6:13, “Having done all, to stand.”
Are you paying the price to be a Christ-honoring Christian? If you are truly saved, your salvation is paid in full, however, we owe Christ our life for the rest of our life. Read 1 Cor. 6:19-20