Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
John the Beloved outlived all the Apostles. He was banished to the Isle of Patmos and wrote the Revelation fo Christ from there in 96 A.D. Revelation 1:9. He was a disciple of Christ and was called to follow Him in Matthew 4:21 @ 30-31 A.D. At the time of his calling, he was old enough to be working in his father’s fishing business. He wrote 3 John in 90 A.D., or six years before the Revelation. See 3 John 1-4 and note v.4, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.”
Look at Proverbs 23:15-16 “My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when they lips speak right things.” When the labor of a lifetime has been rewarded that way, we rejoice! Look at vs. 24-25 as well. “The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.” Vs. 15-16 follow chastisement verses 13-14 and vs.24-25 follow instruction verses.
Eve had a son that not only shamed her, but brought tears and sorrow that I am sure the birth of Seth could not wipe away. Sarah had a son that has blessed all nations…Isaac. Rachel had a son that brought much sadness…Esau. You cannot hear his name without thinking…negative, failure, disappointment, foolishness and jealous. It appears he made some of his choices to torment his parents, especially his mother. Hannah had a son the became a great man of God, Samuel. His name means “Asked of God.” His name always reminded her and others that he was an answer to prayer.
Mary had a son that brought Salvation to mankind! His name is Jesus! See Luke 1:46-56
Now after all that, What Makes us Happy?
1. It makes us happy to know that there is joy after sadness and sorrow.
2. It makes us happy to know that there is success after failure.
3. It makes us happy to know that there is calm after the storm.
4. It makes us happy to know that there is forgiveness after failure.
5. It makes us happy to know that there is reunion after separation by death.
6. It makes us happy to know that there is life after death for the saved.
7. It makes us happy to know that there is life in heaven after there is life on ther earth, for the saved!
Are you happy? Is Jesus Christ Lord of your life? Have you received Him as your Lord and Saviour? Are you sure you are going to heaven?
8. It makes us happy to know that though we are sinners, we can be made saints through the Blood of Jesus.
My dear friend, if you are happy without Christ, you have been deceived like the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 Please read those verses and notice vs. 25 where the emphasis is on the then and now. You can be happy for a time or happy forever.