Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Sometimes in life, we get overwhelmed and negative thinking takes over and we come to our “wits end.” Job said in 14:1, “Man that is born of woman is of few days, and full of trouble.” Then in 5:7, “Yet man is born unto trouble as the sparks fly upward.” Job wanted to die and even wished he had not been born. See 3:11, 20-22; 6:8-10 and 7:15
We all have days when it seems nothing goes right; everything breaks; pieces don’t fit; everything we touch spills. Please read 1 Kings 19:1-18 and notice the great man Elijah had a tough time and as tough as he was, he like we, proved himself to have a human side. In verse 3, he went for his life, and yet in v.14 requested that he might die and finally said “IT IS ENOUGH!” Moses wanted to die. See Numbers 11:10-15
Life can become a struggle and if we are not careful, we will begin to feel like we “have had enough.” One of the great verses for all stressful situations is 1 Cor. 10:13 which tells of the great “way to escape.”
I want to encourage you to know and believe that you can make it through all the stressful, hard, difficult and overwhelming situations of life. See Romans 8:28. Let me give you some thoughts that have helped me in these 37 years of living the Christian life.
- Always commit thy way unto the LORD at the beginning. Psalm 37:5 Always stay focused on the LORD and HIS will.
- Never lean on your own understanding! Prov. 3:5 When we are stressed, our thinking is often not spiritual. Test everything by the Word of God.
- Never listen to the voices of doubt, defeat, discouragement, doom and fear. John 11:5-16 . Well meaning people sometimes give the wrong advise and especially if they are not Born Again.
- Always challenge your thoughts by the Word of God. 2 Cor. 10:3-6. Our emotions cannot be trusted, and satan will take advantage of an open mind.
- Do not allow bitterness take root…you will never get better with bitter in you.. Eph. 4:29-32 Better will become your strength. Better attitude, better prayer life, better confessed sin, better devotion to Christ and better commitment will drive out bitterness.
- Never accept Spiritual defeat. Do not allow the valley you are in to be your dying place. Let it be your dying to self place, your growing place, your fruit-bearing place, your trusting God place and your drawing near to God place. Proverbs 24:16 “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again…”
Failure is never final! Get up and go on for God.