Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
The success of life is determined by decisions we make. The early part of our lives did not require much decision making on our part. We were told what, when, where and how we could do most things. We were not given many choices, like what we would eat, when we would go to bed and when we would get up.
Later on, we are given the opportunity to make some choices and this is where we begin to experience the consequences of our own choices. Psalm 101:1-8 has 6 references to our will, or in that case the writer’s will. It is obvious that he is the decision maker in the Psalm. Much of life is made up of the “I wills” of our lives. With that being said, I would like to give a list of questions we should ask in regard to making decisions in life:
1. Will this please or displease God?
2. Will this affect my testimony as a Christian?
3. Will this open the door for satan to work in my life or in someone else’s life? (family, friends, neighbors)
4. Will this take me away from the things of God? (Church, Prayer, Bible, or serving the Lord)
5. Are there verses in the Bible that condemns this thing or activity?
6. Am I Spiritual enough to make this kind of decision? Am I walking in the Spirit, and able to discern the will of God?
7. Have I sought to get counsel, or have I avoided counsel because I know it is wrong? Sometimes people will willfully neglect counsel because they know it is wrong, but their mind is made up and no one is going to change or challenge it.
8. Are the liabilities much greater than the benefits of making this decision?
9. Do I have to do this in secret? And if so, why?
10. Do I know without a doubt that this is the perfect will of God? If there is doubt, don’t.
11. Can I tell if the obstacle to my decision is God directing me or satan opposing me?
Please read Eph. 5:8-17 and notice v17, “Wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.”