Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
See Psalm 90:9 and 12 which state, “For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.” “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” Only God knows the value of one life, and there are some things in this life that are not terminated in eternity. All life goes on after death, some in heaven and some in hell. There is no such thing as annihilation as is taught by some religions. Here are a few things that outlast life itself:
- Love outlasts life. Jer.31:3 God said, “I have loved thee with an everlasting love…” Rom. 8:35-39 proves nothing can “separate us from the love of God.”
- Labors for the Lord outlast life. 2 Cor. 5:6-13; 2 John 8; Heb. 6:9-10 show that there are rewards that are future, after death.
- Relationships outlast life. Saved people will know one another in heaven. 2 Sam. 12:23 tells us that King David knew he would see his dead child again.
- Memories outlast life. Psalm 112:6; Read Luke 16:19-31 and see the man in Hell was reminded of his past life, and he remembered he had 5 brothers still alive on earth.
- Deeds outlast life. 1 Tim. 5:24-25; Rev. 14:13; Rev. 20:11-15
- Influence, good or bad, outlast life. John 15:16, “fruit that remains.” There are people in hell today who were led down the wrong paths of life by a father, a mother, a friend. There are people in Heaven who were led to Christ by the life and testimony of Godly Believers.
- Finally, your soul will outlast life. Mark. 9:42-50 Death is not the end of your existence. The real you is going to live somewhere forever, either in Heaven or Hell. Read Job 14:10-15 and Luke 16:19-31 and see, you will live again after death! WHERE?
If we can help, please do not hesitate to call, come by or email.
Pastor Humphries, Psalm 27