Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Some Things to Think of at the beginning of a new year that will change the ending of the old year.When many people are asked what they want most in life, their response is usually, “I just want to be happy.” Clearly, the Bible deals a lot with the subject of happiness, and many portions of Scripture speak of joy, rejoicing, blessedness etc. Needless to say, God has a plan for happiness and most unhappiness comes from violation of the plan. Please read Rom.12:9-21; Eph. 4:30-5:20 and Psalm 1:1-6. There are hundreds of other good texts but these will suffice. The major cause of unhappiness is the violation of Biblical principles. Here are some of the major causes of unhappiness I have discovered over the years.
- Half-hearted Christian living. Luke 22:54-62
- Hidden forbidden pleasures. (secret sins) Col. 3:5-10; 2Pet. 2:9-14
- Habits that hold in bondage. 1 Cor. 6:9-12; 1Cor. 6:12; 1Pet. 4:1-5
- Harbored bad feelings. 2Cor. 12:19-21 Things such as envy, pride, jealously and bitterness.
- Hostile heart. James 3:14-18 ; Eph 4:31-32
- Hindered prayers. 1 Pet. 3:7; 2 Cor. 2:10-11
- Headstrong temperament. Jude 8 ; Heb.13:7,17, 24. Any rebellion against authority ordained by God, such as parents, government, teachers, and yes, even against the Man of God, will eventually result in unhappiness. (Read Heb. 13:17 again).
- Hypocritical life. Matt. 23:27,28 and Matt. 13:18-23 Hypocrites cannot stay happy long. They hop in and out of seemingly every Church in town and eventually drop out altogether. I meet them all the time and they are some of the most unhappy and bitter people I have ever known.
- Headed the wrong direction in life leads to unhappiness. Both Saved and lost alike are in this group. A Lost person headed for hell cannot be happy, and a saved person headed into a world of sin cannot be happy. A person that can be happy in sin is not saved. See Heb. 12:3-8
Ask yourself this question: “Am I really happy or just faking it in life?” If your answer is “No”, check your heart against the points I gave above and you may find your answer to personal happiness in life. HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!