Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
With the New Year just ahead, I thought this would be a timely subject. I know of no better way to start the New Year than to find time to do the right things.
In John 7:1-9, the disciples told Jesus to "shew thyself unto the world" to which he replied, "My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready." It is always the right time to do the right things. Paul stated in Gal. 6:10, "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Strangely enough, many people never see the opportunity or seize the opportunity to do what they ought. Life is made up of opportunities to do what ought to be done. James 4:17 states, "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." It is always time to do what we ought to do. Below is a list of some things we all need to take the opportunity to do in our lives, and if we are not doing them, this New Year is the best time to "do the right thing."
1. There are ample opportunities to say, "I love you." These three words are filled with feeling. They are filled with power. They are filled with assurance. They are filled with optimism. They are filled with grace. 1Cor. 13:13 states, "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity" (love).
2. There are always opportunites to say, "I was wrong. I am sorry." Those words are filled with healing power. They are filled with forgiving power. They are filled with restoring power. James 5:16 states, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed."
3. There are always opportunities to say, "Can I help?" 1 John 3:16-24 should be read and notice v17 & 18. We cannot shut up our heart to others' needs and we are to love not in word only, "but in deed" as well.
4. There are always opportunites to walk and talk with God. 2 Cor. 6:14-18. We cannot ignore the times we have for Church, Bible reading, Prayer as well as fellowship with the Saints of God. It is always our time to be a good witness, to be a soul-winner, and to be a sold-out, Spirit-filled worker for the cause of Christ.
5. Finally, you have the opportunity to receive Christ NOW, but the time is coming when that opportunity will be gone. 2Cor. 6:1-2; Heb. 2:1-3. Maybe you think that one day you will get serious about Salvation. I urge you to take the opportunity while you have it.
Why not stop where you are and make a fresh commitment to do the right things?
Happy New Year from Pastor Humphries and congregation.
Watchnight Service, Wednesday 8pm-12pm