When One Man's Vision Becomes Everyone's Vision
Sep 13, 2015
Fill My Cup
Sep 13, 2015
Survive and Thrive Like the Church At Thessalonica
The death of Jesus Christ was the most horrible death ever experienced. There has never been a death, no matter how horrible or brutal that would rival the death of Christ for sin. The sin of the whole world was laid on Him on Calvary. Not only did Jesus die, He was wounded on the cross. Isaiah 53:5 tells us, "But He was wounded for our transgressions:" 1 Peter 2:24 gives us this truth about the wounds of Jesus which He took on Calvary for man: "Who His own self bare our sins in His body on the tree." Isaiah 52:14 states, "His visage was so marred more than any man." Jesus not only died for the sin of the world, He was brutally wounded on Calvary. Jesus took piercing in every area of His body that relates to the sin of man.
- In the first place, they wounded His Holy head. Matt. 27:26-36. Notice in verse 29 they platted a crown of thorns and put it on His Holy head and beat Him with rods. Man in his mind is the enemy of God. See Jer. 17:9 and Rom. 8:9. He became guilty for our rebellion, our wicked hearts, our wicked ways, our words and wicked thoughts.
- Then they nailed His Holy hands to the cross. John 20:25 reveals the scars in His hands after His resurrection! They drove those crude nails through His Holy hands! Every wicked deed committed by the hands of man was laid on Jesus on Calvary! Murder, rape, molestation, theft and every other deed done by wicked hands were laid on Christ! Those Holy hands were wounded for every wicked deed man has ever committed!
- Then they drove the nails through those Holy feet. Luke 24:39 tells us He had nails driven through His feet. The feet of man has taken him away from God and into sin. The feet of man has taken him into drugs, immorality, abortion, robbery and worldliness. Every step of man in rebellion to God was laid on Jesus on Calvary! God "Laid on Him the iniquity of us all." on Calvary! Isaiah 53:6
- Finally, in John 19:34, the soldiers came to break the prisoners' legs to speed up death. When they came to Jesus, He was already dead. However, one of the soldiers with a spear "pierced His side." The side is a type of companionship, relationship and fellowship. Jesus took a piercing for every failed relationship of man, every failure of man with man and every failure of man with God! Every sin man commits against God and man was laid on Jesus on Calvary!
- Jesus took piercing to His Holy head for all the sins of man in his mind.
- Jesus took piercing to His Holy hands for the sins committed by man's hands.
- Jesus took piercing to His Holy feet for every step of man in sin out of God's will.
- Jesus took piercing to His Holy side for every failed relationship of man with man.
ALL OF OUR SIN WAS LAID ON HIM ON CALVARY BUT IN ORDER TO BE FORGIVEN, WE MUST RECEIVE HIM AS THE SACRIFICE FOR OUR SIN.
2 Cor. 5:21, "For He (God the Father) had made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, (Jesus) who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
FRIEND, IF YOU WILL RECEIVE HIM, BELIEVING HE DIED FOR YOU, YOU WILL BE SAVED.