Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Each of our lives are made up of chapters and God even describes our lives as "A tale that is told" in Psalm 90:10. To "spend" means to complete, consume, accomplish and the idea is to use it all up. We are using our lives up one day at a time and it is like a book that is written. Verse 12 in Psalm 90 states, "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." Number means to weigh out, to allot, etc. It basically means to plan out how we are going to use the life God has given us one day at a time. In 2 Cor. 3:2 we are described as "epistles" meaning, "a written message." Your life is a story that is being written (literally in heaven as well, Rev. 20:12) and one day will be opened and even the secret things will be revealed. Some of the chapters of our lives we hold the pen and some God holds the pen. We write the chapters in which we hold the pen of choice. Here are some chapters to consider:
- Chapter one is our ENTRY into this life. God holds the pen in this and we have no choice. Psalm 127:3 ; Psalm 139:13 God wrote this chapter.
- Chapter two, our ENLIGHTMENT! Everyone has a point in life when light comes to the heart. John 1:6-13; Luke 2:32 as well speak of this. It means to shed rays of light, illuminate, and at this point we see ourselves as sinners. We have God conscience and sin conscience. God writes this chapter. Our choice is how we respond to the light.
- Chapter three is written by our choice, our ESCAPEMENT! 1 Peter 2:9 states that we have been "called out of darkness into His marvelous light." See Heb. 2:1-4 and notice v.3 the question, "How shall we escape if we neglect so great Salvation?" This chapter you write by your choice. Have you escaped? Heb. 6:17-20
- Chapter four is the EMBODIMENT of your life. What your life is made up of. Who? What? Did you live for? How does this chapter read? "lived for self, for sin, pleasure" , etc…or does it read, "Lived for the Lord, Loved sinners, Stayed faithful, Honored God." Gal. 2:20
- Chapter five is your entrance into ETERNITY. I call this the conclusion of your life, Where will you go? At this point, your book is written and nothing can be changed. HOW DOES YOUR BOOK READ? As long as there is breath, there is opportunity to change the conclusion. We all have an appointment with eternity. Heb. 9:27 Make sure your book has a good ending.