Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
I am postponing my final article on the subject of preservation of Scriptures in order to rerun this article I wrote years ago. What we have seen take place in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina will no doubt continue. Several people have committed suicide and others are tempted. If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, you should know God loves you and He will help you through your trial. Psalm 55:22, "CAST THY BURDEN UPON THE LORD, AND HE SHALL SUSTAIN THEE: HE SHALL NEVER SUFFER THE RIGHTEOUS TO BE MOVED."
Seven people in the Bible committed suicide: Abimelech (Judges 9:54), Samson (Judges 16:30), King Saul (1 Sam. 31:4), Saul's Armour bearer (1Sam 31:5), Ahithophel (2 Sam. 17:23), Zimri (1 Kings 16:18), and Judas Iscariot (Matt. 27:5). All seven of these men had one thing in common: DEPRESSION and DISAPPOINTMENT!
While not all depressed people commit suicide, most suicide victims are depressed. Suicide is NEVER the answer to life's problems!
- It violates the 6th commandment (Exodus 20:13; Matt. 19:18)
- For the unsaved, it finalizes their fate! (Heb. 9:27) - Once you die, you will have no other opportunity to hear the gospel and be saved.
- For the saved, it destroys the body which is not his or hers to destroy (1 Cor. 6:19,20)
- It is the ultimate act of selfishness and shifts a burden to loved ones that never goes away and unwarranted guilt that is never settled (Gal. 6:1-5)
- Suicide results from a refusal to act upon God's promise to help in time of trouble. b" And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee and thou shalt glorify me."/b Psalm 50:15
- It is never God's will and He is ever ready to help you with your problem. Psalm 55:22 Please read Jer. 32:16-33:8 and take notice of 32:37, 32:17, and 33:3 in that order.
Is anything too hard for God? v27
"...There is nothing too hard for thee." v17
"Call unto me and I will answer thee,..." 33:3
Suicide isn't the answer... But Jesus is! (Matt 11:28-30)
If we can help please call.