Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
In Part One I pointed to 2 Tim. 4:2-4 which speaks of the last days and how preaching will be received. One of the reasons some Churches have started having so-called contemporary/traditional services is to attract two different types of people. Seeker sensitive Churches seem to be more concerned with attracting a crowd than preaching the truth of God. The time was when people would come to Church and be changed and now the Church changes and the people stay the same.
In Titus 2:15, Paul told Titus, "These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee." Preaching with Biblical authority is a must for a man of God.
I want to give you some of the results of straight preaching.
- Straight preaching wins lost souls to Christ. 1 Cor. 1:21
- Straight preaching Warms the people of God. Godly people do not have a problem with straight preaching, in fact, they want to hear it. It warms our heart and kindles a fire that the devil cannot put out. It makes us want to get closer to God and live closer to God and live cleaner for God. 1 Thess. 5:16-23
- Straight preaching warns the people of God. Thank God for people who listen to straight preaching and receive instruction and warning that changes their life and spares them grief. 1 Cor. 4:9-21
- Straight preaching wards off evildoers. Paul's straight preaching kept the wolves at bay in Acts 20:28-29. Straight, strong preaching either reaches or runs off the unrepentant pervert.
- Straight preachings washes the people of God. John 15:3 states, "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."
Jesus also said in John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy Word: thy word is truth." Eph. 5:26 states, "That He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse it (the Church) with the washing of water by the Word." Hebrews 10:22 states, "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."
1 Thess. 5:19-21 states, "Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesying. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
Thank God for straight preaching preachers who tell it like it is to people like they are. If you have one, pray for him and stand with him.