I would like to give here a message preached recently at Faith Baptist Church.
After a person has been Saved, it is encouraging to know
that Satan has his weaknesses and limitations. There are some things we
cannot blame him with!
1 John 4:4 says, "Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
The Bible tells us in 1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." Notice the words "seeking whom". There are some he cannot devour. Remember 1 Jn4:4 "Greater is He that is in you..." While Satan has limitations, Rev. 12:12 tells us, "the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth he hath but a short time." While he does work feverishly having great wrath, we are told by Paul in 2 Cor 2:11 "We are not ignorant of his devices." If we are ignorant of his devices, we are likely to fall for his tricks.
Now let me share with you some things Satan cannot do:
- Satan cannot work apart from the will of man! Jesus told Peter, "Satan hath desired to have thee, but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not" 2 Tim 2:25-26 "In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." See also Rom. 12:1-2 A person must yield their will in order for Satan to work!
- Satan cannot work apart from the will of God! Job 1:8-10 and Job 2:1-7 Read all please and see 1.10 Satan says, "Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land." It will help us to know that God has to approve of anything Satan wants to do, period. 1 Cor. 10:13 tells us that God is faithful, and every temptation has a way of escape! Every trial, affliction or device of Satan is countered by a faithful God who is able!
- Satan cannot work unless and until we violate God's Word! (read Eph 6.10-18) Satan worked his first work in the Garden of Eden with these words. "Yea, hath God said?" He puts a question mark where God puts a period. James 4:7-8 says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." Three times Satan attempted to get Jesus to violate The Word...and three times he failed! When we violate God's word, we open the door for Satan to work!
- Satan cannot wait for your or I to fail. I Pet. 5:8 "Walketh about, seeking whom" He never gives up!
- Satan cannot win against a Spirit-filled believer! Gal.5:16 "Walk in the Spirit and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Spirit filling is evidenced by the fruit listed in Gal.5:22-24 . If you are living a clean, Godly, Spirit-filled life, you will win against the enemy!