Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
In 2 Cor. 2:9, the Apostle Paul was looking for proof and he used obedience as a guide. In 2 Cor. 8:4 he used love as a guide. In Phil. 2:22 he used Service as a guide and in 2 Timothy 4:5 he used watching, enduring and doing as guides to determine their genuineness. 2 Tim. 3:5 tells us that in the last days there will be those, "Having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof." Titus 1:15-16 reinforces this truth. Titus 2:3,5,8,10 show the damage done by an inconsistent testimony. Read 2 Cor. 13:1-10 and notice v5 which states, "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith, PROVE your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates." Reprobate means: unapproved, rejected, and by implication, worthless. There should be indisputable, internal, external and undeniable personal and public evidence that you have been saved and thus changed forever by God. I list here some of those evidences:
- A hunger for the Word of God, truth.1 Peter 2:1-3. Notice that "desire" is a command, yet it comes from our condition, as newborn babes.
- A heart for the work of God. Mark 5:20; Acts 9:6, 20 . The first words out of Paul's mouth were, "Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?"
- A hunger for worship. Mark 5:15-20 Please read and notice that this madman, now delivered and saved wants to be with Jesus. His newfound faith has created in him a hunger to worship the one who delivered and saved him.
- A desire for harmony with others.1 John 3: 13-21; 1 Peter 4:8-10; 2 Peter 1: 2-10 and James 3:13-18. There is something wrong when a person who professes to be saved in always involved in controversy with other believers.
- A Blessed hope that causes you to purify your life in anticipation of the return of Christ. 1 John 3:1-7 should be read, but notice the last part of v.2 and v3, "When He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure."
DO YOU HAVE INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE OF GENUINE SALVATION?