Luke 1:17 speaks of John the Baptist, the forerunner of the Lord, "to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."
In 2 Chron. 30:15-20, there were people who had not been cleansed in preparation for the Passover..., "but Hezekiah prayed for them, saying The good LORD pardon every one that prepareth his heart to seek God, and the LORD hearkened to Hezekiah, and healed the people."
The Bible tells us to be prepared for many things, including death, service, worship, judgment and the coming of the LORD. One of the greatest preparations in the experience of a Believer is the preparation of heart to live a Godly, consistent , Christian life. I give here a few things necessary in being prepared for the LORD:
- We must be serious about life and living to please God. (Eph.5:1-16; 1 Peter 5:8)
- We must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leadership in our life.(Eph. 4:30; Eph. 5:17-18; 1 Thess.5:19)
- We must be selective in our social involvement in the world.(Eph.5:11 ; 2 Cor. 6:14; 2 Tim. 3:5)
- We must be sensitive to the needs of others. (1 John 3:16-21; 1 Cor.9:19-27)
- We must be Scripturally prepared to meet every challenge of life.(Jude 20-25)
- We must be strong enough Spiritually to resist temptation. (Eph. 6:10-11; 1 Peter 5: 8-10 ; 1 Cor. 10:13)
- We must be smart enough to sense a Satanic trap. (2 Cor. 2:6-11)
Are you prepared? Are you prepared for what is ahead for you? Are you serious about life? Are you sensitive to the Holy Spirit? Are you selective in who you fellowship with? Are you sensitive to others? Are you Scripurally prepared to meet the challenges of life? Are you strong enough to resist temptation? Are you smart enough to sense a Satanic trap?
None of us know what is ahead for us in this life. We cannot wait until we face difficulties, troubles, tragedies, temptations, misunderstanding, sickness and even death to know our response. We must be prepared!