Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Many people claim to be "Christian" and yet bear little or no resemblance to a Bible description of a true Believer. The word "Christian(s)" only shows up three times in the Bible. Acts 11:26 states, "...And the disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." 1 Peter 4:16 "if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed." Acts 26:28 states, Agrippa said unto Paul, "Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian."
Friend, have you been persuaded to BECOME A CHRISTIAN? If you have never become a Christian, you are not a Christian! There are some distinct character traits of a true Christian. It is not just a profession, rather it is position. It doesn't matter how loud and how long a person claims to be a member of the Family of God, if he or she doesn't have the family traits and resemblances, there probably has not been a New Birth. Twice James tells us that "faith without works is dead", meaning of course that faith in Christ always produces evidences in life; you can look at the portraits of my children and see how they resemble me. You can look at a person's life and see how they resemble Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." There is a distinct difference in a person before and after Salvation.
- A True Christian is converted through Christ. John 3:1-8; John 14:6 and Acts 4:12 prove that faith in Jesus' blood is the only way to be Born again.
- A True Christian is committed to Christ in following Him. 1 Peter 2:21-25; John 10:1-5; 1 Thessalonians 1:6 and Ephesians 5:1.
- A True Christian is conformed like Christ. Romans 12:1-2; Romans 8:29 (Conformed = render like, similar).
- A True Christian is concerned like Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:24-26; 2 Corinthians 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men."
- A True Christian is crucified like Christ. Gal. 5:24 "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." Gal. 2:20 states, "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."