Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Psalm 92:1-15 should be read and notice v13 which states, "Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God." You will notice that v1-5 describe the good; v6-11 the bad and Vs. 12-15 the difference. Verse 6 "A brutish man cometh not; neither doth a fool understand this." There are people who do not understand this, people who are in darkness, blindness and ignorance (Spiritually) and do not know it. See 2 Cor. 4:3-7 and 1 Cor. 2:14 . Now Heb.10:25 tells believers, "not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together..." Quite obviously, he is referring to faithfulness to the house of God with fellow believers. See as well 1 John 2:18-20 which tells us why some forsake the assembly. In the Old Testament, under the law, you could be stoned for violating the Sabbath. See Ex. 31:12-17; Ex. 35:1-3; Ex. 16:14-30 and Numbers 15:32-36. Under the Law you could be stoned for violating the Sabbath! If we were under the Old Testament Law, many believers would be dead, however, under grace we do not suffer God's wrath even though we commit the same kinds of sin. Now I want to give some reasons Christians should be "planted in the house of the LORD.
- For salvation. To see others saved, having a collective part in the great Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ps 92:14 I have never known a Christian who was unfaithful to Church that had a burden for souls.
- For sickness. James 5:14 "Is any among you sick?" Notice "among you" which indicates in the Church fellowship. I think it a sad thing for a Christian to be sick and dying and be out of fellowship The Church.
- For Spiritual instruction. Ps. 92:13 says, they "shall flourish." See 2 Tim. 3:16-17 and Eph. 4:12 and following.
- For sweet fellowship. See Heb. 10:25 and notice, "Exhorting one another." That means encourage.
- For showing your family and friends the importance of the things of God. Ps. 92:15. They will take your Christianity serious if you take your Church serious.
- For spreading your influence to others. See Heb. 10:24
- For sealing Satan's defeat. God intends the Church to defeat Satan collectively, and a Christian out of fellowship with the Church is aiding and abetting Satan.
- Finally, to show your love for the Lord. John 14:21-24
If you are saved and not faithful to a Bible-believing Church, may I urge you to Plant yourself in one for the reasons given above? You will flourish in the Courts of our God.