Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
2 Cor. 5: 6-15 should be read and notice vs. 15. "And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again." Read Romans 14:7-9 and notice, "none of us liveth unto himself." Verse 8 shows how demanding and commanding the Lordship of Christ is on the Child of God. 1 Cor. 6:19-20 goes deeper in the truth by telling true believers, "Ye are not your own" and goes on to say that our body and spirit "are God's". Saved people do not belong to ourselves after salvation. We "have been bought with a price." In 2 Cor. 8:5 the Macedonian believers "first gave their own selves to the Lord." That means that they relinquished all rights to all life to the Lord. There is not an area of life that He will not accept in dedication and then give back to us for glorification. Any area of a believer's life that has been dedicated to the Lord and placed under His control will have the benefit of God's gracious attention and blessing. The question to be answered today is this: "Is the Lord of all, Lord of all?"
- Is the Lord of all, Lord of all of your faith? 2 Tim. 1:12; 1 Peter 4:19
- Is the Lord of all, Lord of all your future? Rom. 8:28; 2 Cor. 12:1-12 Can you accept the will of God, good or bad? Paul said in Phil. 1:20, "…so also now Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death."
- Is the Lord of all, Lord of all your family? Is there love in your family? Is there loyalty in your family? Is there Spiritual leadership in your family. Eph. Chapter 5 and 6 should be read here. Husband, have you committed your marriage to the Lord? Wife, Have you committed your marriage to the Lord? If your both are saved, Jesus should be Lord of your marriage! Have you committed your children to the Lord?
- Is the Lord of all, Lord of all your feelings? Are your feelings constantly being hurt? The only remedy for hurt feelings is to give it to the Lord of all. Col. 3:12-17; Heb. 13:5-6; Rom. 12:14-21
- Is the Lord of all, the Lord of all your friendships? 1 Cor. 15:33. See also 2 Cor. 6:14-18 where believers are instructed to separate from fellowship with the unrighteous.
- Is the Lord of all, Lord of all your finances? Do you honor God with what He has blessed you with? Luke 6:38 Before you become jealous of God's blessing on someone else, consider that God may be honoring them for honoring Him.
Any area of a believer's life that is not committed to the Lord will be the area that Satan will use to bring defeat. IS THE LORD OF ALL, LORD OF ALL?