Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
"Virtues are learned at mother's knee...vices at some other joint."
George Washington said, "The greatest teacher I ever had was my mother."
Lincoln said, "All that I am and all I ever hope to be , I owe to my mother; no man is poor when he has a Godly mother."
Spurgeon said, "I cannot tell how much I owe to the prayers of my good mother...I remember her once praying, ‘Now Lord, if my children go on in sin, it will not be from ignorance that they perish, and my soul must bear swift witness against them at the day of judgment if they lay not hold on Christ and claim Him as their personal Saviour."
Henry Ward Beecher said, "The mother's heart is the children's classroom; What the mother sings to the cradle goes all the way to the grave."
Paul told Timothy in 1 Tim.5:14, "I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."
Motherhood is a ministry. In our day it is one of the most neglected. Notice:
- The ministry of motherhood involves law. (Prov. 1:8) "...Forsake not the law of thy mother:" "Law" means a precept or statute. (Prov. 6:20 states same.) The ministry of motherhood requires laying down the law. (see Prov.28:7,9) Prov.29:15 states, "the rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."
- The ministry of motherhood involves love (Prov. 4:1-3) esp. v3. "For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother." There is no love like the love of a mother! Prov. 10:1 states, "A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother." A mother usually feels deeper pain because her love is more tender.
- The ministry of motherhood involves loyalty. (Prov. 31:10-12) "The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her," verse 11 states and verse 12 tells us, "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." Children learn loyalty from mother as she lives a Godly life in front of them.
- The ministry of motherhood involves lifestyle. Prov. 31:27 "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Look at Titus 2:1-5, 1 Tim. 2:9-15
- The ministry of motherhood involves laying a foundation for the faith of her family. 2 Tim. 1:5 "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also."
The Ministry of Motherhood is just that. The Law she applies, The Love she shows, The Loyalty she gives and The Lifestyle she lives lays the foundation for her children's faith. She can be used to pass the Christian faith to her children. Mother's, do not underestimate your value in your home! Husbands and Children, do not overlook Mother's worth.