Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
I want to share with our readers today some thoughts from a message I preached recently here at Faith. Jesus spoke these words in Luke 18:1. The Apostle Paul stated in 1 Thess. 5:17, "Pray without ceasing."
The failure of prayer in a Christian's life is probably the one failure that leads to all other failure in life. If a Christian is weak in his or her prayer life, he or she is weak also in the Christian life.
I am sure we would be shocked to know the professing Christians who do not have a daily time of personal prayer. From this point on I would like to give some thoughts on prayer and the importance of prayer in the daily life of the Believer. The Psalmist said in Psalm 55:17, "Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice."
- Prayer is the conduit of communication with God.
- Prayer is the conduit of supply of our needs from God.
- Prayer is the conduit of faith. forgiveness and fruit in the Christian's life.
- Prayer is a privilege only available to those who are born again. No one has a right to ask God for anything until he or she has asked God to save them through Christ
- Prayer is the link between our physical world and God's Spiritual world. You and I cannot reach God any other way.
- Prayer links mortals with immortal, and finite with infinite.
- Prayer displays our dependence on God.
- Prayer displays God's love, power and care for us.
- Prayer dispels our fears.
- Prayer is beyond Satan's reach and beyond his realm! Hallelujah!
- Prayer takes us into a dimension of life forbidden to the devil and the lost!
- We are invited to pray, exhorted to pray and hindered in prayer.
- Prayer sweetens our talk, softens our tasks, solicits our trust, surrounds our trouble and stabilizes our tone.
- Prayer is the source the enemy can't see, can't stand and can't stop! Again, Hallelujah!
- Prayer keeps us from fainting, fighting, falling and failing.
- Prayer is our lifeline...Prayer bridged my faith in Christ's blood and I was born again. "For by grace are ye saved through faith." Eph. 2:8.
- Prayer meets my needs, calms my fears, answers my questions, changes my attitude, wins my battles and fills my life with God's presence, power and blessing
If you are a Christian, yet you do not have a time of personal daily prayer, may I urge you to begin today and watch the hand of God move in your life! James 4:2 tells us, "Ye lust, and have not: ye kill and desire to have, and cannot obtain; ye fight and war, and yet ye have not, because ye ask not."
BEGIN TO ASK TODAY!