Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
All sin and Spiritual failure is rooted in a failure to meet with God. He has made it plain in the Bible that sin is a result of "departure from God." It is possible to "depart" from God without leaving the pew and to depart does not mean to lose position. Israel "departed" and yet never lost their position as God's people. Heb. 3:12-13 mentions departing and hardening the heart, which leads to deeper sin. 2 Tim. 2:19 says in part, "And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." The only remedy and prevention of departure is to meet with God, on His terms. You may be reading this and there was a time when you Walked with God; you met with God on His terms and your life was blessed. You need to know that He has not moved. Isa. 1:18 states, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow: though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Notice the invitation is to "come now" for the purpose, to "reason together." Isn't it about time you met with God to reason together? This is not a command without consequence. Please read. Prov. 1:24-29 and note, "Because I called, and ye refused: I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded. Then shall they call upon Me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find Me." It is not too late to meet with God, but one day it will be too late.
WHY SHOULD WE MEET WITH GOD?
- We should meet with God first for Regeneration. John 5:40
- We should meet with God for Resources for life. Hebrews 4:14-16
- We should meet with God for Resolution of problems. James 1:5
- We should meet with God to Repair broken fellowship. 1 John 1:9
- We should meet with God to Receive further instructions. Acts 9:6
- We should meet with God to Rejoice over victory in Christ. Phil. 1:24-26
- We should meet with God to Refresh our hearts by His presence. John 17
- We should meet with God to Remind ourselves that we are not alone. When we meet with God in Prayer, Worship or meditation in His Word, we are reminded that we are not alone. Hebrews 13:5-6
- THERE IS JUST ONE REQUIREMENT! NO ONE CAN MEET WITH GOD IN YOUR PLACE. In Isaiah 1:18 the invitation is to "come, and let us reason together." Verse 19 and 20 state, "If ye be willing and obedient....But if ye refuse and rebel." You may have a host of people praying for you. That is good, but you need to know that no one can meet with God in your place. You will either meet with Him while you may or when you must. It is your responsibility. HE IS WAITING