Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
An Open Letter to:
Joseph C. Fowler, GRAND MASTER,
FREE AND ACCEPTED MASONS OF FLORIDA.
Dear Mr. Fowler: I had fully intended to end this expose' of Freemasonry with a bibliography. However, your OPEN LETTER to me in our Daily News on October 23rd not only deserves a response, but demands it. I would be both a traitor and a coward if I did not answer your letter.
For the most part, I will contain my thoughts to your letter. The other two articles you provided with your letter are so illogical as to need no response.
Now I would like to answer your OPEN LETTER:
(1) You stated, "One of the first things that you stated in these articles was that you were not attacking Freemasonry and their (sic) Members, but from the content of the articles, I cannot take any other view than that your (sic) were attacking Freemasonry and its principles and beliefs." Was I attacking Freemasonry and its members, or was I attacking (exposing) Freemasonry's principles and beliefs? Answer: The latter. Was Jim Bakker attacked or exposed? Was Jim Swaggart attacked or exposed? Mr. Fowler, the testimony was given and the facts revealed and the truth was found. In my articles, the testimony was given, the facts reveal and the truth found. That is not an attack.
(2) You state: "I would like to state a few well known facts: one Freemasonry is not, does not and has never proclaimed itself to be a religion." Doesn't that depend on who your listening to? I have purchased books from your supply house that say it is a religion and even if it is denied, there is enough evidence to prove otherwise.
(3) You state: "The quotations from the Morals and Dogma are from a book written by Albert Pike during the 19th century and are his own philosophy." C. Fred Kleinknecht, Pike's latest successor, "told all Masons this past January (1989) that one particular book was to be their daily guide for living - their "Bible". That book, said Kleinknecht, is Albert Pike's MORALS AND DOGMA". (Taken from Texe Marrs Flashpoint, March 1990.) After the Civil War, Mr. Pike rewrote the degrees from the fourth to the thirty third. No one opposed him and he dechristianized and then paganized the higher degrees. They are still so today!
(4) You state: "Brother Pike was at no time ever the leader of Freemasonry in America." I can't believe I read that with my own eyes! SIR, MY INFORMATION TELLS ME "IN 1889 PIKE SIMULTANEOUSLY OCCUPIED THE POSITIONS OF GRAND MASTER OF THE CENTRAL DIRECTORY OF WASHINGTON, D.C. (the head of D.C. Masonry), GRAND COMMANDER OF THE SUPREME COUNCIL OF CHARLESTON (the head of American Masonry), and SOVEREIGN PONTIFF OF UNIVERSAL FREEMASONRY (head of World Masonry)." "New World Order", Hunnington House Pub. by William T. Still, Page 26.
I HAVE A COPY OF "MORALS AND DOGMA" WITH HIS PICTURE AND TITLE AND I HAVE A COPY OF HERTEL'S MASONIC BIBLE AND AGAIN THERE IS ALBERT PIKE WITH HIS TITLE.
BY THE WAY, JUST A NOTE OF INTEREST: ON PAGE 26 OF HERTEL'S IN THE "QUESTION AND ANSWER" SECTION WE FIND: "QUESTION. DID WASHINGTON FOLLOW THE MASONIC CUSTOM WHEN HE LAID THE CORNERSTONE OF THE NEW CAPITAL BUILDING IN 1793?". ANSWER: "NO, IT WAS LAID IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER. PLEASE PASS THAT ALONG TO THOSE SEARCHING.
In 1877, Pike was named the Provincial Grand Master by the Grand Lodge in Edinburgh, Scotland. That made him the undisputed head of American Scottish Rite Masonry.
(5) Next you accuse me of taking my quotes "out of context" and that "Many of your references to the Holy Bible were also take (sic) out of context in the same way, by not printing the entire passage." MR. FOWLER, YOU DIDN'T QUOTE ANYTHING IN YOUR ARTICLE; AT LEAST I HAD A BASIS FOR MY EXPOSE'. You stated that "Brother Pike was at no time ever the leader of Freemasonry in America" and expected, I suppose that our readers would accept it without question. They were given no substantiation in or out of context! THAT WOULD LEAD TO SEVERAL CONCLUSIONS:
1. YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ALBERT PIKE, OR
2. YOU DIDN'T WANT THEM TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ALBERT PIKE, OR
3. YOU ATTEMPTED TO DISCREDIT MY ARTICLES AT ANY COST.
(6) Next, you talk of Mason's being deeply religious and participating fully in their choice, regardless of their individual Church's lives. Then you make this statement and ask a question: "They do worship at the church of their choice, regardless of their religious faith. Is not this what we as Americans believe and placed in our Constitution and Bill of Rights, to protect against a state sponsored or endorsed religion?" MR. FOWLER, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONSTITUTION OR THE BILL OF RIGHTS. IN FACT, IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THE BIBLE OF THE CHRISTIANS WAS THE BASIS FOR THESE TWO GREAT DOCUMENTS. I have not pointed out the compatibility of freemasonry with the Constitution or Bill of Rights. Sir, I have examined the COMPATIBILITY OF FREEMASONRY WITH CHRISTIANITY!
(7) Next you tell us upon what principles Freemasonry was founded: "TOLERATION, relief, truth, Brotherly love, Patriotism, honesty, charity to others less fortunate than ourselves, a belief in God regardless of their religious preference, and helping ALL humanity live together as one regardless of their religious, ethnic, racial, political, or philosophical beliefs."
Then you make this statement: "I do not see this in your articles, you would have all people regardless, ascribe to your one narrow belief or be dammed." NOW MR. FOWLER, I READ IN YOUR SECOND PARAGRAPH THIS STATEMENT: "MASONRY TEACHES THAT GOD MUST ALWAYS COME FIRST IN THEIR LIVES AND THAT GOD'S HOLY WORD IS TO BE THEIR RULE AND GUIDE. (See enclosed articles written by Rev. Thomas S. Roy and Dr. Larry Lewis.)" I DID, AND HERE IS WHAT I FOUND. ONLY ONE QUOTE FROM GOD'S HOLY WORD. (THE BIBLE OF THE CHRISTIANS) IN REV. ROY'S ARTICLE (and it of course as usual was quoted out of contest), AND NONE IN DR. Lewis' article! It should also be noted that Rev. Thomas S. Roy WAS GRAND MASTER OF THE GRAND LODGE OF MASONS IN MASSACHUSETTS 1951-1953. His allegiance to Freemasonry is revealed in his weak defense of it and obviously Rev. Roy couldn't defend Freemasonry using the Bible or he would have at least quoted (1) one verse that defends it. MR. FOWLER, MY BELIEFS UNLIKE YOURS IT APPEARS, ARE NARROW AS YOU SAY. I CONFESS THAT. THAT MAKES ME WONDER, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID IN PARAGRAPH TWO, "GOD'S WORD IS TO BE THEIR RULE AND GUIDE"? IF SO, THEN THAT WORD WOULD GUIDE YOU TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS, "THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE; NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER BUT BY HIM." JOHN 14:6
(8) Most of the last 1/2 of your "open letter" to me has nothing whatever to do with the subject of compatibility. You point out the good works of Freemasonry. The question, Mr. Fowler, is not one of good works. We all agree that the hospitals, clinics and other good deeds are commendable. However, that does not make the "principles and beliefs" of Freemasonry compatible with Christianity. I do not believe that "deeds seek louder than words" as you say. In other words, good deeds will not take anyone to heaven, but the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ the only Savior (Acts 4:12) will.
(9) You state, :A man comes to the door of Freemasonry of his own choice and free will, unbiased by any influence other than the opinion he has received of men who are members of the Fraternity and the Fraternity itself." Mr. Fowler, most of us know that there is a tremendous amount of pressure to join placed on those who want to advance in their occupation. However, as you say, that is their choice. My objection is, how can he be "unbiased" when he does not yet know the secrets and oaths which lie ahead?
Sir, You wouldn't buy a house, take a new job, or marry a woman when there are secrets yet to be revealed and oaths which must be taken later. THEREIN LIES MY STAND: A PERSON WHO IS A PROFESSING CHRISTIAN SHOULD KNOW BEFORE HE JOINS THAT THERE WILL BE CERTAIN THINGS HE WILL HAVE TO ACCEPT LATER.
(10) FINALLY, YOU SAY: "I would hope that before you began your series of articles that you would have immersed yourself in the REAL known facts about freemasonry and discussed these facts and beliefs with knowledgeable Masons before printing your very misleading and untruthful articles about the greatest fraternal organization ever know to mankind."
FIRST OF ALL, SINCE MASONS ARE SWORN TO SECRECY AND USE DECEPTION TO CONCEAL THE HIDDEN TRUTH, HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET THE TRUTH FROM MASONS? NOT ONLY THAT, BUT WHEN WE QUOTE SOME MASONIC WRITER, WERE ARE TOLD, "NO ONE SPEAKS FOR FREEMASONRY". YOU NOW REFER ME TO "A PILGRIM'S PATH" BY JOHN J. ROBINSON. Are we now to believe that finally someone is speaking authoritatively for Freemasonry? In his book, does he nullify all that the Masonic writers have written to date, including Pike's "Morals and Dogma" and Hall's "Lost Keys of Freemasonry" as well as hundreds of books and articles by "great Masons"?
THE TWO ARTICLES INCLUDED WERE SO ILLOGICAL AS TO HAVE NO NEED FOR A REPLY, HOWEVER, IF REQUEST BY OUR READERS, I WILL BE GLAD TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FREEMASONRY AND CONGRESS, REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATIC PARTIES, COLLEGES, THE BOY SCOUTS, ETC. I HOPE THIS LETTER WILL ASSIST YOU IN UNDERSTANDING HOW FREEMASONRY AND ITS PRECEPTS ARE VIEWED AS INCOMPATIBLE BY BIBLE-BELIEVING CHRISTIANS. I ASSUME THOSE WHO SENT MY ARTICLE TO YOU PREVIOUSLY WILL ALSO SEND THIS ARTICLE TO YOU.
Lev L. Humphries, Pastor
FAITH INDEPENDENT BAPTIST CHURCH
1309 Valparaiso Blvd., Niceville, FL