Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
It is not my intention to try to explain life in it's fullest form. In fact, it cannot be explained by mortal man. It cannot be duplicated by finite man. Basically, it can only be lived.
Jesus said, "A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." Life has its controllable and uncontrollable events and it behooves man to control what he has been given a free will to control and leave the rest to God.
- Man must Die.
- Man must stand in judgment before Almighty God.
- Man must be Born Again or go to hell.
- Man must repent and believe or be damned.
Life only has meaning when it is subjected to these events. One may miss the meaningfulness of life by overlooking the things that make life eternally valuable. Jim Elliot one of the five missionaries to the Auca Indians said, "He is no fool who ,gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot loose."
Are you spending your time and energy on the physical side of life and giving little or no attention to the spiritual? There is an eternity of difference between the two.
(1) Life is short. James 4:14 tells us it is even a vapor. That means in comparison to eternity, it only lasts for an instant. It is only a shadow. It is here and then it is gone.
(2) Life is serious. Luke 16:19-31 gives the account of two men and the difference in their lives. One was a physically infirmed man named Lazarus. The other was the rich man who died and went to hell. After asking Father Abraham to "send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame." Abraham answered, "Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivest thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."
The fatal, eternal mistake of the Rich man was not taking life serious. He was seduced. sorrowed and shamed and finally damned.
(3) Life is a stewardship. (James 4:7) Life has no meaning apart from God's will. Physical life is a gift from God and man, lost or saved, must consider God as the giver and owner of life.
(4) Life is only satisfying when the above three are considered.Friend, if you know Life is short, serious and a stewardship from God, then it is in your best interest eternally to make sure you are saved, and submitted to the will and Word of God. Have you considered the consequence of a wasted life?