Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
This is a condensation of the first message I preached after my fall and broken heel bone. Please see Mt. 11:29 ; Phil. 4:9,11 ; Heb. 5:8 and Rom. 15:4. They deal with the idea of learning. I have learned some things I would never have learned without the experience. I have met people I would have never met and understood things better that I would never know apart from this experience. Most folks look at me and ask, "How are you doing?" I usually respond, "I'm learning." I am getting a new perspective on life. I am seeing life from a new view. "Every situation in life is an opportunity in disguise." My only regret is that I had to experience this to learn these lessons. My response, "I'm doing okay" means "I am succeeding at going through this experience with grace and faith in God, Learning what He wants me to learn." Here are some of the many things I am learning:
- I am learning to accept things I cannot control.
- I am learning that I have to give up some things in order to gain some things.
- I am learning that I can live without some things. (A long list here.)
- I am learning the Church can survive without me. (Nothing new, just reminded.)
- I am learning New grace is not needed until we have a new need.
- I am learning to be more attentive to other people's problems and pleas for prayer.
- I am learning to put myself in other people's place and imagine what it is like and what I would do in the same situation.
- I am learning that time is important and that I should do what I can do while I can, for the time will come when I cannot.
- I am learning that my experience takes me from a low, close up view, short vision life, to a higher plain so I can see a greater distance ahead. Small things have become smaller and do not matter that much now.
- I am learning that I can have a trial in the will of God, and be drawn closer to God because of the experience.
- I am learning to let patience have her perfect work. I am in the slowest gear I have ever been in and am more dependent than ever. Among other things, I could not drive for over 3 months.
- I am learning that every decision I make, no matter how small, has the potential for large possibilities. (I did not have to be on the ladder.)
- I am learning the difference between temporal and terminal. I have a broken heel bone, and Lord willing it will heal. Being lost is terminal. I am saved, and though I may die with a broken bone, I will go to heaven with a NEW BODY. If you are lost, you may never suffer these trials , but without Christ, you will be broken in Hell.
- I am learning that I cannot live without the LORD in my life. I do not know how people live without the LORD. I am learning that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
- I am learning that these kinds of experiences tend to draw us closer to the LORD and that makes it worth it all to those who are "Children of God by Faith."
LET YOUR EXPERIENCE BRING YOU TO A CLOSER WALK WITH GOD!