Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Psalm 90:9, 12 tell us, "For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told...so teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." There are multitudes of people who are confused, empty, unsettled, wanting answers to life's basic questions and not knowing where to turn. I would like to give the Bible's definition of the journey of life.
- Turn down one narrow way, and come to a complete stop. (Repentance).
Be willing to turn from your own way. Matt. 7:13-14
- Now move on to a hilltop with an empty cross. (Faith).
Eph. 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith."
- A friend will meet you there if you will accept Him. (Confession).
Prov. 18:24; John 6:37 states, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me: And him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." See John 1:11-12 as well.
- Find a stream right past the hilltop and pass through it. (Baptism).
Rom. 6:4 and Col. 2:12
- Continue on but Stop along the way for fellowship, listening to His Words.
Do this often for the rest of your journey. (Your Bible, prayer, and Church).Heb. 10:25 states, "Not forsaking the assembling." Matt. 16:20 states, "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
- Forget all you past paths, your wrong turns, dead ends, detours and ditches. (Forgiveness).
Now stay straight on this narrow path. Ps. 103:8-13; Verse 12 states, "As far as the East is from the West, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us."
- The further you go, the more you will want to be like you Friend, Jesus. (Sanctification).
Acts 4:13, Rom. 8:29, and 2Cor. 3:18.
- Finally, when you reach the end of your journey, Your friend Jesus will take you to His house. (Heaven).
Now, you do not have to take this journey of life. God will allow you to go down the broad way to destruction. If you choose the broad way and do not go by the "Way of the Cross" you will die with the many who left the Lord out of their lives. Matt. 7:13-14 tells us about the "Journey of life" and how to go to Heaven. Which way will you go? Prov. 14:123 and 16:25 states, "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man. But the end thereof are the ways of death."
WHERE WILL YOUR JOURNEY TAKE YOU?
ARE YOU ON THE RIGHT PATH?