Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
(Preached recently at Faith)
One of the most important aspects of life, especially the Christian life is the Guiding hand of God.
Ps.31:3 states, "For thou art my Rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake, lead me, and guide me." Ps 32:8 states, "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye."
God guides lost and saved alike toward His great purpose for each life.
Ps.48:14 states, "For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death." Ps. 78:72 states, "So He fed them according to the integrity of His heart: and guided them by the skillfulness of His hands."
God will let you have your own way and he will allow you to walk after your own counsels (Ps.81:12) , but being the good God that He is, He will skillfully guide you into the places of His blessing if you will allow.
1. Where God guides, He provides. Ps. 82:6; Ps. 78:17-22
2. Where God guides, He protects. Ps. 34:7; Heb. 1:13-14
3. Where God guides, He promotes. Ps. 75:1-7
4. Where God guides, He prospers. Joshua 1:1-9
5. Where God guides, He proves. Gen. 22:1-18; Ps. 17:1-5; Ps. 66:1-16
6. Where God guides, He sometimes punishes. Heb. 12:3-11; 2Pet.2:9-14
A little explanation is needed here. Sometimes God guides wayward saints
straight into a problem for their own correction. See also Isa. 13:6-11
7. Finally, God always guides with purpose. Eph. 1:3-12. Notice esp. v11. Time and space prevents me from listing all the strange ways God has guided folks to bring about the purpose of God. I will give one recent example. I have a lost nephew that I have prayed for daily all these years. On a number of occasions I have tried to talk to him about his need of being saved. He is not only lost, but a habitual drunkard with a wrecked life. Recently one of my members called and informed me that he had been witnessing to a young man on the job north of Andalusia, Alabama. This young man came back to him and said, "My uncle's name is on one of those tracts you gave me." Of course, he said, "He is my pastor." My nephew asked the Church member:
"What do you think this is all about?" We know what is about. God is guiding in his life to bring him to a saving knowledge of The Lord Jesus. Read Acts 8:26-39 for a perfect example of this truth.
Friends, We can trust the Heart of God even though we can't see the hand of God, and God is too good to do wrong and too wise to make a mistake. Trust Him!