Please read Acts 23:6-11 and notice verse 11, "And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul:" At the end of Paul's life recorded in 2 Tim. 4, he said all men had forsaken him, but in verse 17 we see, "notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me." I do not know how people live without the Lord in their lives. I do not want to imagine life without the Lord. Paul spoke to this emptiness in Eph. 2:12, "that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world." Notice: "without God in the World." We receive emails from the website almost daily. One this week stated : "I don't change my look because some fictional character (Jesus) in a stupid book (Bible) says I should." Words in parenthesis are mine. What a sad life to live, and sadder still is to die without God. One of the greatest privileges of the Christian life is to have God standing with us! 1 John 4:4, "Ye are of God little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the World." Romans 8:31 states, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" Let me show some of the blessings of having God stand with us as believers:
- When God stands with us, FEAR is dispelled. Fear of death, fear of defeat, fear of danger. Heb. 13:5-6 ; 1 John 4:18-19
- When God stands with us, FAITH is strengthened. Phil. 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me." Eph. 3:16, "That He would grant you according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man."
- When God stands with us the WAY is shown. John 8:12 Jesus states, "I am the Light of the World: he that followed me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
- When God stands with us, TEARS are shared. Heb. 4:14-16, especially v15, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities..."
- When God stands with us, FRUIT is grown in our lives. John 15:4-5 Verse 5 states, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: FOR WITHOUT ME YE CAN DO NOTHING." If you have been saved, you never stand alone. God stands with you!