Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
Please read the following Scriptures for a good groundwork for this article: Luke 1:46-56; James 1:9-10; James 2:1-13; 1 Corinthians 12:12-27; Luke 14:7-15. The common thread running through these passages is that we are all equal in many ways: We all are sinners. All the saved are saved by Grace. All the saved are sealed by the Holy Spirit. We are all equally loved by God. Romans 3:22; Romans 5:8; Romans 10:9-13.
Now read 1 Cor. 1:17-31 and take particular notice of v29, 31 where we see these two statements: "That no flesh should glory in His presence" and "He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."
- Let the rich give God glory, for God gave it and He can take it away. 1 Tim. 6:6-10; Luke 12:16-21.
- Let the poor trust God without it, for God can give it. Luke 1:53. Those who glory in their own ability must grieve in their failures, and those who glory in God's abundance can glow in their success.
- Let the strong glory in the strength God gives, for He can take it. See Psalm 18:1; 19:14; 27:1; 68:35; 144:1. The Psalms are full of statements referring to the LORD as our "Strength."
- Let the weak trust God in weakness, for God is able to make them stand. 2 Cor. 12:5-10. Those who know they can't do it on their own, do not attempt it on their own, and therefore are reliant on God in weakness.
- Let the lovely in appearance be loyal in love, for God is able to change it. Prov. 31:30 "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." 1 Peter 3-4.
- Let the wise give God glory in it, for God is able to confound it. Job 5:13 is quoted in 1 Cor. 3:19 which states, "He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the forward is carried headlong."
Now read Jer. 9:23-24, "Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." We cannot glory in our wealth, strength, honor, wisdom, beauty as well as any other attribute or achievement. These are all temporary. The only thing we can rightly glory in is v24, That we understand and Know the LORD! Do you understand the Gospel and do you know the LORD as your Saviour?