Standing in your place
Apr 16, 2017
The Resurrection was required for eternal life
Apr 16, 2017
The greatest victory in life is the victory over self
There are many references to fools in the Bible. To be foolish is different from being a fool. We all have done foolish things at one time or another. The Bible gives a description of a person who can be called a fool.
- Psalm 14:1 and 53:1 state, "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God."
- Proverbs 1:7 states, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."
- Proverbs 11:29 states, "the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart."
- Proverbs 12:15 states, "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that harkeneth unto counsel is wise."
- Proverbs 14:9 states, "Fools make a mock at sin..."
- Proverbs 14:16 states, "A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident."
- Proverbs 15:2 states, "The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness."
- Proverbs 15:5 states, "A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regarded reproof is prudent."
- Proverbs 29:11 states, "A fool uttered all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards."
- Eccl. 2:14 states, "The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness."
- Matthew 23:17 Jesus refers to fools as blind.
- Luke 24:25 Jesus says that fools are slow to hear and believe."O fools, and slow of heart to believe..."
- Luke 12:20 and worst of all, a fool is a loser. "But God said unto him, thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou has provided."
- Proverbs 10:8 states, "The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall."
- Proverbs 15:24 states, "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath."
We find ourselves in the Bible, God's Holy Word and what I have given today is purely the Word of God without any commentary.